Sunday 9 March 2014

Interpretative processing

This exercise involved choosing an image that is open to different creative interpretations and presenting it in three different ways.  For this exercise, I used an image taken on my recent trip to Highgate Cemetery.  When I shot it, I had gothic imagery in mind.  Unfortunately, I was on a guided tour and got hurried along before I could get the angle I wanted (looking up).

Original:



For my first reproduction, in ViewNX2 I cropped to square, changed white balance to Cloudy, changed picture control to Vivid and applied some colour booster. 



For my second reproduction, in Elements, I cropped to square, correct Brightness and Darkness (using auto function), then converted to Sepia and added a white vignette.  This gave the image more of a Victorian feel:





For my third reproduction, I used the vivid JPEG from number Two, then in Elements converted to Black and White, added a vignette, added a yellow tone, and added texture.  This now looks like a bad newspaper reproduction:




No comments:

Post a Comment