Saturday 22 March 2014

The Queen by Matt Brown

Not much to say really, except that this made me laugh.  I don't generally like portraits, however this is verging more on Street Photography or a candid shot than a classic portrait. An unusual perspective of Her Majesty and one that I think shows a lot more character than official photographs.  She's obviously hacked off with something, but what really works is the colour scheme with the greens/yellows and that bright shot of lipstick.  If I were taking a picture of the Queen, I'd also want to take one like this!

I saw this image on display outside the Museum of London in November this year.

Excellent :)

http://cdn.londonist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/WINNER-Royal-photographer_Queen-at-Windsor-%C2%A9-Mark-Stewart-Photography-Ltd-217x300.jpg
(c) Matt Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment